Lime49 Forum Index
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

linhui95
#1 Posted : 12 October 2018 03:57:03(UTC)
linhui95

Aaron Nola never gets flustered Carey Price Jersey , even when he’s riding a stationary bike while the closer fights to protect the lead.

Nola struck out 10 in another dominant performance, Scott Kingery hit a three-run homer and the Philadelphia Phillies beat the Colorado Rockies 5-4 on Tuesday night.

Seranthony Dominguez escaped a bases-loaded, no-out jam in the ninth for his third save.

”I just take it pitch by pitch,” Nola said.

Nola (8-2) allowed one run and four hits in 6 2/3 innings, lowering his ERA to 2.27. He has given up three runs or less in 13 of 14 starts.

”He’s a special kind of competitor,” manager Gabe Kapler said. ”He’s fun to watch.”

Nola left after striking out Ian Desmond with runners on first and third. Edubray Ramos entered and gave up a bloop RBI single to Tom Murphy before recording the third out. Tommy Hunter tossed a scoreless eighth. But Luis Garcia allowed four consecutive singles to start the ninth. He departed after Murphy’s RBI single cut it to 5-2.

Dominguez entered and gave up an RBI single to pinch-hitter Chris Iannetta. DJ LeMahieu’s sacrifice fly cut it to 5-4. But right fielder Aaron Altherr ran down Charlie Blackmon’s hard liner for the second out and Dominguez struck out Nolan Arenado to end it.

”I was thankful to get the job done,” Dominguez said.

Kapler called Altherr’s running catch a ”game-saver.”

”That play was sensational,” he said.

Kingery drove a 1-2 pitch from Jon Gray (6-7) out to left-center to give the Phillies a 3-0 lead in the first. He added a sacrifice fly in the third.

Gray surrendered four runs on only three hits in six innings. He also fanned 10.

”I had no rhythm early and it cost me,” Gray said.

Jesmuel Valentin’s pinch-hit RBI single in the eighth extended Philadelphia’s lead to 5-1.

The Phillies have won two in a row for the first time since a three-game winning streak May 13-17.

The Rockies have lost five straight and nine of 11.

After starting at five positions, Kingery has taken over as Philadelphia’s regular shortstop despite batting only .215. J.P. Crawford has moved to third base since returning from the disabled list and has started five straight games instead of Maikel Franco.

”It’s been a process,” Kingery said. ”Just trying to go step by step to where I feel better in the box.”

WHIFFS

This was the first time a Phillies starter and opposing starter each struck out 10 or more in the same game since April 25, 2011 http://www.texansauthorizedshops.com/authentic-jordan-akins-jersey , at Arizona when Cliff Lee had 12 and Ian Kennedy had 10.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Rockies: OF Carlos Gonzalez was back in the lineup after missing two games with a rib issue. … RHP Adam Ottavino threw a live batting practice session. He has been sidelined by a left oblique strain.

Phillies: RHP Jerad Eickhoff received a cortisone shot in his right wrist on Monday. Eickhoff hasn’t pitched this season. … Reliever Pat Neshek threw a bullpen session Tuesday. He began the season on the DL with a shoulder strain and sustained a flexor strain in his elbow during rehab. … Utilityman Pedro Florimon could return in September after breaking his right foot during the team’s recent road trip.

UP NEXT

RHP Nick Pivetta (4-5, 3.76 ERA) starts for the Phillies while LHP Tyler Anderson (3-1, 4.81) goes for the Rockies in the middle game Wednesday night.

LAS VEGAS — The Vegas Golden Knights can exhale a little heading into a pair of tough back-to-back home games starting with the red-hot St. Louis Blues on Friday night at T-Mobile Arena.

Thanks to Nashville’s 5-3 victory over San Jose on Thursday night, the magic number for Vegas to clinch the Pacific Division title is three with five games to go after the second place Sharks (44-24-10) lost for only the second time in 10 games. San Jose plays the final regular-season home game at T-Mobile on Saturday night.

The Golden Knights (48-22-7), who lost at home to Arizona on Wednesday night, have sputtered down the stretch, going 3-3-2 over their last eight games and 7-6-3 in their last 16 games including home losses to bottom-feeders such as Ottawa and the Coyotes.

Particularly frustrating for coach Gerard Gallant is his squad, which seemed to wear teams down with four lines playing with intensity for 60 minutes, has started slowly in each of its last three games, managing five first period shots against the Coyotes after firing six in the opening frame of a 4-1 win over Colorado on Monday. This after the Golden Knights were blanked for over 41 minutes to start an eventual 2-1 shootout loss to the Avs on Saturday in Denver.

“You start off bad, then all of a sudden you get a little (ticked) off, and you start to play your game Marcus Foligno Jersey ,” Gallant said of the slow starts. “That shouldn’t happen with our team.

“It’s bothering me a lot. We had a great first game of the road trip in San Jose (a 2-1 overtime loss March 22). We had an unbelievable first period. (But) the last three since we’ve been chasing the game every game. That’s three in a row and we have to fix it.”

The Golden Knights have been outshot 92-57 in the first period of their last seven games.

“It comes from between your ears more than anything,” forward Erik Haula, who scored his 29th goal of the season in Wednesday night’s loss, said. “I wish I knew the answer and I would fix it immediately. … The mentality has just gotta be a little bit different going into the game.”

St. Louis (43-28-5) comes into Friday night’s game with a season-best six-game win streak and has won eight of its last nine games. The Blues are tied with Anaheim and one in front of Colorado in the Western Conference wild card race.

A big reason for the strong finish has been the play of goalie Jake Allen who is 8-1-0 in his last nine starts. Vladimir Tarasenko’s goal at 2:33 in overtime snapped San Jose’s eight-game win streak on Tuesday and moved the Blues into wild-card position.

“We just know we need the points,” Blues center Brayden Schenn told NHL.com. “We’re getting good saves at key times, guys are playing defense, guys are stepping up, and when we get the puck, we’re going on the attack because we know we need the extra point.”

The teams have split the two previous meetings with Vegas winning 3-2 in overtime Oct. 21 at T-Mobile Arena and the Blues picking up a 2-1 home win Jan. 4.