Lime49 Forum Index
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

carter.home
#1 Posted : 14 August 2013 21:53:14(UTC)
carter.home

Where can I find custom icons? Are they .ico files? Do they need to be put into a zip file?
HJennerway
#2 Posted : 18 August 2013 10:03:12(UTC)
HJennerway

Yes, current answer is below. After thinking about this, it's not a particularly intuitive process at present. I've never had any feedback since implementing it, but it's great you want to use this feature.

At present, you can either import them using a zip file which must contain sizes prefixed with their sizes or drop them in the icons directory. You need 3 sizes at present. Eg: If you have an icon called banana.png, you need to have files called banana_16.png, banana_24.png and banana_32.png in either the zip file or the custom icons directory. The reason is that this was really a legacy compatibility decision for ChickenPing Mobile, which used to run on Windows Mobile but got too niche to support. It wasn't practical to resize images on-the-fly on the phone, but is more than possible for a desktop PC or recent iOS device.

In version 2.2, I'll make this a simpler process - allowing a single icon to be specified.
HJennerway
#3 Posted : 18 August 2013 15:11:22(UTC)
HJennerway

Making this intuitive destroyed my head on Sunday but ChickenPing should make the best use of anything you throw at it now.

More information on the wiki.