Lime49 Forum Index
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

linhui95
#1 Posted : 17 August 2018 09:26:15(UTC)
linhui95

A week before launching his first pass in a competitive NFL setting Jihad Ward Jersey Elite , rookie quarterback Josh Allen stood in awe amid a throng of Buffalo Bills fans who were not only chanting his name but also that of his mother.

"Mrs. Allen! Mrs. Allen!" they yelled, trying to get the attention of LaVonne Allen, who was standing on New Era Field following a recent practice, watching her son signing countless autographs.

"I'm just kind of speechless right now," Josh Allen said, referring to the attention he and his mother have received since training camp opened three weeks ago.

"It's really cool to feel wanted by the fans," he added, noting there's nothing during his playing days at Wyoming that compares to what he's experienced since arriving in Buffalo. "I'm just trying to be the best quarterback possible. So as long as I'm playing well and improving every day, I will just continue this."

The Bills' first-round draft pick took his first big step in that process during Buffalo's 28-23 preseason-opening loss to Carolina on Thursday night.

A loud cheer went up following the second-half kickoff, when Allen 鈥?in his No. 17 jersey 鈥?took the field for the first time. And the buzz grew on the first play, when Allen faked a handoff and effortlessly threw the ball nearly 60 yards only to have receiver Robert Foster catch it just out of bounds along the left sideline.

"You have to love that, right?" coach Sean McDermott said of Allen's first attempt. "I think the fans appreciated that. I appreciated it. We're out there, these guys are having fun, and I thought it gave the crowd some juice."

It wasn't Authentic Starlin Castro Jersey , however, lost on McDermott that the pass was one of many that fell incomplete, a reflection of how much Allen still has to develop before being deemed ready to take over as the team's starter.

Allen finished 9 of 19 for 116 yards, and essentially threaded a needle between two defenders by hitting rookie Ray-Ray McCloud III for a 14-yard touchdown pass. There were some errant throws, too, such as the short swing pass to his right that sailed well wide of Foster early in the fourth quarter.

"We looked really good at times last night, and then we saw where we still have a lot of work to do, and Josh is no different," McDermott said Friday. "He's a young player, who I thought took a step last night. It was a good step in the right direction."

McDermott continues to be ultra-cautious in not wanting to rush Allen's development. Allen works mostly with the third-string offense, while returning backup Nathan Peterman and free-agent addition A.J. McCarron are splitting time with the starters.

"Calculated," is how McDermott described his approach to Allen. "You can see the arm talent. You can see the special type of player that he could be. But there's a lot of room for growth between where we are now and where he needs to get to."

The 22-year-old Allen represents a hopeful future for a franchise that appears to be moving on an upward trend. The Bills sneaked into the playoffs on the final day of the season to snap a 17-year playoff drought 鈥?the NFL's longest active streak.

Buffalo then traded third-year starter Tyrod Taylor to Cleveland, and moved up five spots to draft Allen seventh overall in a bid to fill a position that has remained unsettled since Hall of Famer Jim Kelly retired after the 1996 season.

Give him time, said veteran running back LeSean McCoy Martinas Rankin Jersey Texans , who refers to Allen as "one of my favorites."

"He's a rookie, but he has a super talent," McCoy said. "And I think once he gets the bruises of playing a little bit, the lumps, he'll be fine."

As for the attention Allen has attracted, McCoy isn't surprised.

"A high draft pick, anywhere you go, it's like that," he said. "The thing here is we've been waiting for this franchise quarterback. He's young. A lot of high expectations. I think he could do it. I really do."

Allen is taking it one step at a time, and focused on not allowing the buzz to distract him.

"I understand that this comes with it, but I'm completely focused on playing football for the Bills," he said. "I'm here to compete."

LaVonne Allen is impressed by and grateful for the welcome she and her son have received.

"It's overwhelming, to be honest with you, to see the love and the passion they have for the game and for Josh Seahawks Shaquem Griffin Jersey ," she said. "They seem excited that he's here. And he's as excited as they are."

It's a lot like what happened during Allen's three-year stint at Wyoming, where two years ago he led the school to its first appearance in the Mountain West championship game.

"People are coming up to us left and right and introducing themselves," LaVonne Allen said. "It feels like Laramie. It feels like home."

鈥?LeSean McCoy scored twice and surpassed 10,000 career-yards rushing, while helping the Buffalo Bills stay in the thick of the AFC playoff hunt with a 24-16 win over the Miami Dolphins on Sunday.Tyrod Taylor also scored on a 9-yard touchdown run and Shareece Wright and Jordan Poyer intercepted Miami’s Jay Cutler on consecutive drives to start the second half in a game Buffalo never trailed. Rookie Tre’Davious White sealed the win by intercepting Cutler with 28 seconds remaining 鈥?and a play after Miami punter Matt Haack recovered an onside kick at Miami’s 37.The Bills have won three of four and improved to 8-6 to match the team’s best start through 14 games during Buffalo’s 17-year playoff drought 鈥?the longest active streak in North America’s four major professional sports. The Bills were 8-6 in both 2004 and 2014 but missed the playoffs with 9-7 finishes.Buffalo also finished 6-2 at home to match its best finish at Orchard Park since 1999.Buffalo must now hit the road to continue its playoff pursuit in closing the season at New England next week and then at Miami on Dec. 31.The loss all but mathematically eliminated the Dolphins (6-8) from playoff contention, and after they ended a seven-year drought last season.McCoy opened the scoring with a 4-yard run to cap Buffalo’s opening drive. Then, he put Buffalo up 14-6 with a 16-yard catch with 6:05 left in the second quarter on a drive during which McCoy became the 30th player to break the 10,000-yard rushing milestone.The ninth-year player reached the plateau with a 14-yard burst off right guard. McCoy was shaken up on the play while being tackled by Kiko Alonso.After missing just one snap, McCoy returned to the field and scored two plays later.This time, McCoy found his footing on dry turf, a week after braving the wintry elements while rushing for 156 yards on a snow-covered field and sealing Buffalo’s 13-7 overtime win over Indianapolis.McCoy finished with 50 yards rushing, upping his career total to 10,011, and had four catches for 46 yards.Taylor showed no signs of a bruised left knee that forced him to miss one game. He went 17 of 29 for 224 yards and added 42 yards rushing.Miami was undone by familiar inconsistencies at quarterback and on defense Davante Adams Jersey Elite , while looking nothing like the team that stunned New England in a 27-20 win Monday night.Cutler’s two interceptions came after he threw for three touchdowns and no interceptions against the Patriots.Miami’s defense surrendered 328 yards offense to Buffalo, a week after holding New England to 248 yards.Even discipline was an issue.Early in the fourth quarter, receiver Jarvis Landry was flagged for pass interference to negate Kenny Stills’ 12-yard reception. Then, Landry argued the call and was penalized again for unsportsmanlike conduct. Rather than being first-and-10 at Buffalo’s 40, the Dolphins faced first-and-35 at their own 23 in a drive that led to them punting three plays later.Kenyan Drake had 78 yards rushing and scored on a 1-yard run. Cutler finished 28 of 49 for 274 yards and three interceptions.Cody Parkey also hit 28- and 41-yard field goals.TAYLOR TOUCHDOWNSTaylor scored a touchdown rushing and passing in the same game for the 10th time since taking over Buffalo’s starting job in 2015. He joins Carolina’s Cam Newton and Washington’s Kirk Cousins as the only other players to do that 10 times since 2015.THIRD-DOWNAfter the Dolphins limited their past two opponents to converting just one of 24 third-down chances, the Bills converted their first two as part of a 10-play, 81-yard scoring drive capped by McCoy’s four-yard run. Buffalo converted seven of 15 third-down chances.DOLPHINS IN DECEMBERMiami dropped to 9-4 in games played at Orchard Park, New York, in December or later.INJURIESDolphins: CB T.J. McDonald left in the fourth quarter with a shoulder injury.Bills: CB E.J. Gaines was carted off in the fourth quarter with a knee injury.INACTIVES:Dolphins: Running back Damien Williams missed his third consecutive game with a shoulder injury, while starting cornerback Cordrea Tankersley missed his second consecutive game with injuries to his shoulder and ankle.Bills: Receiver Kelvin Benjamin played despite aggravating a right knee injury last week that limited him in practice.UP NEXTDolphins: At Kansas City on Dec. 24.Bills: At New England on Dec. 24..