Lime49 Forum Index
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

shan124
#1 Posted : 12 July 2018 09:52:06(UTC)
shan124

LOS ANGELES, Jan. 14 (Xinhua) -- SpaceX returns to launching rockets on Saturday, four months after an explosion on the launchpad that caused the company to suspend flights. The U.S. private space firm successfully delivered 10 satellites to low-Earth orbit and landed its Falcon 9 on a drone ship in the Pacific Ocean.

A Falcon 9 lifted off at approximately 9:54 am PST (12:54 p.m. EST) from Space Launch Complex 4E at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California, carrying 10 Iridium-NEXT satellites into low-Earth orbit (LEO).

About two and a half minutes into flight, the first and second stages separate, and the second stage engine ignites to carry the 10 Iridium satellites to their destination.

Approximately 8 minutes after the initial lift-off, the first stage of Falcon 9 then landed on the drone ship "Just Read the Instructions," marking the first time the private company has landed a booster in the Pacific Ocean.

Cheers and applause took over the SpaceX control room, which was streamed live online. "Here we have the first ever successful landing on the 'Just Read the Instructions,' a West Coast drone ship," SpaceX's engineers said.

The feat brings the total number of recovered SpaceX rockets to seven, which were part of the company's effort to produce a fully and rapidly reusable rocket. The company believed it will dramatically reduce the cost of space transport.

"Congratulations @@SpaceX on successful first stage landing," the official Iridium Twitter account tweeted just moments after the landing.

The satellites began deployment about an hour after launch. "successful deployment of 10 Iridium-NEXT satellites has been confirmed," SpaceX then tweeted.

The 10 satellites are the first of at least 70 satellites that SpaceX will be launching for Iridium's next generation global satellite constellation, Iridium NEXT.

According to Iridium, it is on track to fully replace the world's largest commercial satellite network of low-earth orbit satellites in what will be one of the largest "tech upgrades" in history.

The satellite communications company has partnered with Thales Alenia Space for the manufacturing, assembly and testing of 81 Iridium NEXT satellites. The process of replacing the satellites one-by-one in a constellation of this size and scale has never been completed before.

The next generation global satellite constellation will deploy a cross-linked Low-Earth Orbit (LEO) architecture, providing coverage over 100 percent of the earth's surface, including across oceans, airways and polar regions.

SpaceX had been grounded until Saturday since a launchpad explosion during preflight fueling on September 1, 2016 that destroyed a Falcon 9 and its payload, the 200 million U.S. dollars Amos-6 communications satellite.

A successful mission is critically important to the California-based company, which is founded in 2002 by billionaire Musk, has been the face of American commercial space industry.

British Prime Minister David Cameron Rashaan Evans Jersey , left, meets Wimbledon winner Andy Murray in front of No 10 Downing Street in London, Monday Delanie Walker Jersey , July 8, 2013. (Photo: sports.sina)

Andy Murray is getting a taste for grand slam titles and believes crushing Novak Djokovic to end Britain's interminable wait for a men's champion at Wimbledon will be a springboard to take his career to the next level.

The 26-year-old became a national hero on Sunday when a 6-4 7-5 6-4 victory on a baking Center Court meant the nation could finally stop talking about Fred Perry who won his third Wimbledon title in 1936.

Murray's stunning performance was hailed by everyone from politicians, movie stars and fellow sportsmen Kevin Byard Titans Jersey , as well as the millions who watched his landmark victory, but the Scot will not be milking the plaudits for long.

After attending the Wimbledon ball on Sunday he was planning to celebrate with his sizeable entourage, including coach Ivan Lendl on Monday Derrick Henry Titans Jersey , then, after a week of rest and relaxation it will be back to the grind.

"I know what it feels like to lose in finals, in a Wimbledon final Jack Conklin Titans Jersey , but now I know what it feels like to win and that's certainly a lot better and it's worth putting in the hard work for," Murray told Reuters on Monday at the All England Club.

"I didn't know last year that it was worth it because I had never won a grand slam before until the U.S. Open last year.

"After that you realize the hours you put in training, preparing and working on the practice court Jonnu Smith Titans Jersey , it's all worth it.

"So I hope this is a springboard for me and I will use it for my advantage."

Murray, who now holds two of the grand slams and Olympic gold, was already a member of the exclusive All England Club but when he walked in on Monday after "a few hours sleep" he did so with Wimbledon champion as a new title.

It is quite an upgrade and the realization of what he achieved the on a momentous Sunday for British sport was slowly sinking in Taywan Taylor Titans Jersey , but only after watching a few TV replays.

"The last game was something that stands out but I had to watch it a few times to remember what actually happened because when I came off the court I had no recollection of that game," a relaxed Murray said.

"I had no recollection of the last few points in it at all. It was just a crazy way to finish the game and I didn't think it would have happened for me any other way.

"For everyone watching it needed to be like that to make it more special."

Murray had the whole country on edge as Djokovic saved three championship points in a row before Murray kept his nerve to engineer a fourth which he converted to spark wild celebrations.

His reaction to victory was a dazed walkabout on Center Court before climbing into the stands to hug his support group, girlfriend and mother Judy.

Last year's Olympic gold was memorable but Murray said winning Wimbledon was the pinnacle.<.

CadGuru
#2 Posted : 14 July 2018 12:36:27(UTC)
CadGuru

India

BillyJhonson
#3 Posted : 14 July 2018 12:37:25(UTC)
BillyJhonson

India